Goodwill Industries of Northwest North Carolina (“Goodwill”) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization headquartered in Winston-Salem, NC, that has served the community since 1926. The organization employs more than 1,100 team members who are dedicated to their mission of providing employment and training services that help people find jobs and reach financial stability. With 50 retail stores, 20 career centers, and dozens of attended donation centers across a 31-county territory, Goodwill is a complex enterprise offering a wide range of career opportunities. Goodwill makes a difference in the lives of the individuals they serve and, in turn, in the community.
Goodwill’s business operations provide stability to the organization that is not always enjoyed by nonprofit organizations solely funded by outside sources. Employees enjoy excellent benefits and a unique work environment that is professional, fast paced, and fulfilling. Goodwill’s values shape the culture and guide employees’ interactions with program participants, customers, and each other. Employees’ shared commitment to Living the Mission; Promoting Teamwork; Driving Improvement; Taking Responsibility for Actions and Behaviors; and Respecting and Appreciating Others is what makes Goodwill successful and inspires all that they do.
For more information, please visit www.goodwillnwnc.org.
This position will report directly to the Vice President of Organizational Development and Mission Advancement and will supervise the Learning Strategy Regional Manager and Training Manager.
The individual who occupies this position will be expected to execute specific duties which include but are not necessarily limited to:
- Provide direction and implementation of the strategy, curriculum design, maintenance, and administration of all training and development programs creating a learning environment to develop our team members, increase retention and support the organization’s diversity, equity and belonging programs.
- Work with teams to conduct comprehensive training needs assessments to determine areas of training by division and evolve programs and curriculum based on changing business and learning conditions.
- Lead the strategic efforts for organizational development key service delivery which includes core competency skills, career pathways development, professional skills development, and other identified training needs for team members.
- Promote a culture of learning and professional development in partnership with the organization’s executive team and senior leadership team.
- Work with all Goodwill departments to facilitate a cross-functional team approach for the organization’s continued growth in organizational development including specific collaborations with the Chief People Officer, Talent Acquisition Director, and the Marketing/Communications team.
- Lead and supervise the Organizational Development team including the Learning Strategy Regional Manager and indirect reports.
- Ensure that the appropriate organizational development goals and performance indicators are set, communicated, and achieved in partnership with the Vice President of Organizational Development and Mission Advancement.
- Five or more years of leadership experience with a similar level of responsibility related to organizational and workforce development.
- Strong experience in leading teams and organizational strategy.
- Strong skills in Microsoft programs and navigating technology platforms.
- Clear professional written and verbal communications skills.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field; master’s degree preferred.
- Competitive base pay.
- Benefits include paid time off (PTO), medical insurance, prescription coverage, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan, Money Purchase Pension Plan, tuition reimbursement, and incentive programs (retail positions).
- Opportunity to work for one of the nation’s most well-known and well-respected nonprofit organizations.