Based in the Southwest United States, company specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products.
The General Manager reports directly to the Branch Manager. This position manages a team of 100+ sales and marketing personnel including regional and district sales managers.
Direct and coordinate the activities of Branch sales to obtain optimum sales and profits. Working closely with the Branch Manager, serve as the face of the company for the Branch; address Branch personnel issues; ensure Branch P&L performance; support Customer Engagement; facilitate collaboration and coordination between Branch leadership and Support Services leadership; identify and communicate unique customer needs and opportunities for sustainable competitive advantages; and champion the development of high potential individuals within the Branch.
Other specific responsibilities include, but may not necessarily be limited to:
- Participate in Broadline planning and development of strategic ideas for future growth and sales opportunities.
- Responsible for complete understanding and dissemination of top level goals and initiatives.
- Work with other SBU leaders as well as Support Services leaders to communicate decisions made, or to escalate appropriate issues. Ensure that root-cause analysis and corrective actions are implemented for any such issue.
- Work with all Support Services leaders to manage capital budgets and related capital expenditures.
- Participate in regularly-scheduled Broadline SBU and Support Services Leader reviews regarding service level agreement performance, improvement of service level agreement processes, Branch Manager’s decisions, and best practices in areas that exist within the Branch.
- Update and prepare forecasts and budgets with comprehensive knowledge of historical volume, planned events, seasonal activities, etc., in order to make adjustments to purchasing forecasts, operational manpower planning, budgets, etc.
- Organize and identify unique customers’ needs for sustainable competitive advantages.
- Represent the company as a senior leader when requested to address individual customer situations for the Branch. Consult with the appropriate Support Services leader in order to ensure any commitment made to the customer will be met.
- Represent the company as the Senior Branch Leader for Business Reviews.
- Serve as the face of the company for local community events and Branch Associate/ Management meetings; Town Hall meetings, sales meetings, and charity functions, and assist with the communication of Branch policies and procedures.
- Develop and facilitate a Branch annual event calendar; execute and ensure deployment of employee feedback processes developed by Human Resources.
- Mentor and develop Branch resources, as well identify high potential associates, working with the Human Resources Department to assist the high potentials to grow and develop within the Company.
- Manage and regularly meet with Branch staff to evaluate performance metrics, financial objectives, and budgets/projections; promote and recognize collaborative team success.
- Review and communicate compliance needs for regulatory or other compliance matters.
- Promote participation in industry, manufacturing, or trade associations, and the communities the company serves.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in broadline sales management.
- Experience managing a large field sales team.
- Full P&L responsibility within a smaller company or division or a larger company within foodservice distribution.
- Exposure to various areas of foodservice distribution; willingness to learn all facets of general management within a division.
- Process oriented; comfortable with Six Sigma approach.
- Ability to work successfully within a highly matrixed structure.
- Passion for new opportunity; willingness to enthusiastically learn and offer new perspectives and best practices.
- Ability to assimilate into a highly collaborative, partnership-oriented environment that is customer centric, fast paced, and growth oriented.
- Embrace change; thrive in continuously improving systems and infrastructure.
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written.
- Executive presence; strong business leadership acumen.
Commensurate with experience and includes a competitive base salary, bonus, benefits, and relocation assistance.