A sports and entertainment company located in the Southeast US.
This position will report directly to the owner.
The individual who occupies this position will be expected to manage the Company’s legal and regulatory compliance functions and play a central role in all real estate and contract work.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Advising owner and executive management on legal rights, new and existing laws, and strategy.
- Maintaining knowledge of the organization’s operations and legal documents, managing corporate legal matters, and preserving corporate records.
- Creating new entities and managing the organization’s intellectual property.
- Examining and creating draft employment, real estate, vendor, acquisition, and other agreements.
- Administering statutory filings, including subsidiary entity registrations and trade licenses.
- Reviewing corporate documents, commercial contracts, and regulatory records of acquisitions.
- Liaising with outside counsel and insurance providers regarding assignments and any outstanding claims involving litigation.
- Conducting legal research and reviewing the company’s litigation strategy pertaining to legal actions.
- Promulgating and creating directives for corporate acts and decisions.
- Experience in a corporate or in-house counsel leadership role or private practice is required; a combination of the two is preferred.
- Competence in a broad range of legal matters, including contracts, real estate transactions, litigation, regulatory/licensing matters, employment law, etc.
- Experience with corporate governance issues and corporate secretarial duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of statutes, rules, and regulations pertaining to businesses.
- Proficient understanding of business sensitivities and confidentiality.
- Domestic travel is required.
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, including a competitive base salary, annual bonus opportunity, long-term incentive, and competitive benefits package.