A private equity held global manufacturer of durable goods with US headquarters in the mid-Atlantic region. With an already substantial presence in the US, the company is embarking on an aggressive expansion plan to advance market share and revenue in the Americas region through both organic and acquisitive growth.
The Executive Vice President Sales Americas reports to the global Chief Commercial Officer and oversees the sales and account managers, distributors, and agents aligned to the company.
This executive will serve as the strategic and operational leader of all go-to-market efforts in the Americas region. With a priority on building an effective sales organization internally and through key distribution partners, the commercial director will also serve as the top customer representative in the region.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Develop, inspire, and retain a high performing and collaborative internal sales force to lead the organic growth plan for the organization.
- Serve as the region’s top commercial executive, effectively communicating activities to executive management teams as part of a global organization.
- Drive a fast-paced, energetic, and analytical sales function with a strong metrics-oriented approach.
- Build sound alignment with Ecommerce organization to effectively drive sales growth across traditional and omni-channels to avoid channel conflicts.
- Develop strong rapport and collaboration across other functions, such as operations, finance, marketing, etc., in order to develop and enhance the success of the sales function.
- Identify new approaches to grow sales and margin.
- Further align reporting and KPIs (sales, margins, sell-out/stock targets) with the objectives set.
- Prepare annual budget plan for commercial function.
- Develop and implement a state-of-the-art encompassing route to market.
- Manage direct reports on performance and development; coach and support direct reports in their responsibilities by training, coaching, and inspiring.
- Identify and lead customer relationships with responsibility for individual contribution to top line growth.
- Create a fast-paced and effective sales process with clear responsibilities and authorities.
- Oversee and guard the margins on all sales activities.
- Develop and monitor all pricing strategies and channel activities.
- Report on the progress of the annual plan on a regular basis.
- Participate in critical meetings with key customers.
- Align with the leadership team (Chief Customer Officer) on plans and projects going forward.
- 10+ years of successful experience in a fast-paced branded or durable goods company with a track record of consistent revenue growth.
- Strong understanding and experience of business-to-business-to-consumer markets within the US, and preferably Canada and South America.
- Proven track record of developing and inspiring sales teams.
- Experience working on an international management team with an understanding of cultural nuances.
- Ability to perform in a matrixed environment and collaborate cross-functionally.
- Strong presentation and negotiating skills.
- Experience selling through retail and distribution.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills; self-confident and organized team player.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field is required, MBA is preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.