Let Me Run is a nonprofit wellness program that inspires boys to be themselves, be active, build healthy relationships, and to live active lifestyles. With a comprehensive curriculum that applies the power of running, the seven-week program encourages boys to develop their psychological, emotional, and social health, in addition to their physical health.
Fiscal year 2018 was the largest year ever for Let Me Run, with over 5,000 boys participating and 22% of participants received some level of financial assistance. Let Me Run engaged 1,800 volunteers in coaching or other events. The program currently serves teams in 27 states and is headquartered in Charlotte, NC. Let Me Run is celebrating its tenth year in 2019.
For more information, please visit Let Me Run’s website at www.letmerun.org.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and leads a management team of five direct reports. The organization currently has 12 employees on the national staff and 16 regional employees supporting the participating regions.
The Executive Director will support the team that carries out operations in Charlotte and across the country. The Executive Director will execute on the mission of the organization and the strategic plan (new plan to be developed in 2019). Specific duties include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Hire and lead the Let Me Run key staff, insuring high morale in an inclusive, focused work environment.
- Exemplify servant leadership by demonstrating the Let Me Run Credo in work ethic and attitude.
- Provide oversight to a comprehensive fund raising plan. Identify and cultivate new and existing funding sources and strategies to support a $1M+ rapidly growing budget (program fees account for 60% of the annual budget).
- Work closely with staff to manage strategic geographic growth (averaging 26% year over year over the last five years).
- Continually assess best practices for successful and efficient program delivery.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors to formulate the organization’s annual goals under the umbrella of the Let Me Run strategic plan.
- Cultivate new and existing community partner relationships in Charlotte and across the US.
- Serve as one of the key faces of Let Me Run, both locally and regionally, for strategic partners, volunteers, participants and staff.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum two years of successful fund raising experience.
- Experience leading a high-level staff team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong business acumen; demonstrated success in leading the fiscal and administrative aspects of an organization.
- Business development experience preferred.
- Past experience developing and managing budgets.
- A passion for healthy lifestyles and wellness is preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary and benefits package.