A growing financial services enterprise with services offered across the US and headquartered in the Southeast.
The Executive Director Deposit and Payment Operations reports to the Chief Bank Operations Officer and leads a geographically dispersed team of over 200.
This executive leader position is responsible for the overall performance of the bank’s diverse payment channels including the development, communication, and execution of strategy across all areas of deposit and payment operations regarding people, process, and technology. Scope includes direct responsibility for operational areas such as card operations, retail and commercial payments, CAB lockbox, domestic wire transfer, ACH, check processing, research, deposit operations, courier services, mail room logistics, faster payments, integrated payables, outsourced print/mail services, nightly processing, and vendor management.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the larger organization to develop deposit and payment products and services strategies, ensuring strategies incorporate automation, innovation, service excellence, and the ability to scale for growth.
- Provide expert insight on the planning and implementation of products, services, policies, and processes with respect to the impact on customers, shareholders, and associates.
- Leverage industry trends and opportunities for revenue through collaborative partnerships across the company as well as constituents across the industry.
- Drive for excellence and lead transformation changes across all areas of responsibility.
- Ensure effective first-line risk program is in alignment with corporate risk appetite and commensurate with a Category IV financial institution across all areas of responsibility to include RCSAs, internal controls, internal control testing, SOX compliance, KRIs, business continuity plans, and coordination with both first- and second-line enterprise fraud functions.
- Serve as Chair of the Payments Risk Counsel, member of Enterprise Fraud Counsel, and member of the Operations Risk Committee which reports directly to the Enterprise Risk Oversight Committee.
- Lead team in thoughtful planning and execution across all facets of M&A growth strategy.
- Lead team in defining people strategy and establishing performance goals along with measurement mechanisms to ensure achievement of departmental and corporate goals; formalize workforce planning, reward and recognition programs, and optimal staffing models.
- Effectively acquire and retain talent across all areas of responsibility; actively lead talent assessment, establishment of formal development plans, and the development of succession plans.
- Lead the team in the development and monitoring of impactful service level agreements and ensure all team members are focused on, and committed to, exceptional service and quality execution of their job responsibilities, continually identifying ways to improve the client experience.
- Set the expectation that all policies, standards, procedures, system design enhancements, and processes are aligned with both the desired customer experience as well as regulatory requirements for a Category IV financial institution.
- 15+ years of banking and leadership experience with a focus on financial institution operations; including at least 10 years of deposit and payment operations experience.
- Understanding of bank operating roles and responsibilities.
- Experience in leading, developing, and transforming a large team.
- Ability to leverage an operational and technical network for best practices in payment software, emerging technologies, and client interaction.
- Proven contract skills utilizing a full range of sourcing techniques.
- Experience leading material change in a complex environment including acquisition integrations.
- Strong executive presence with the ability to quickly gain credibility including with the board of directors.
- Advanced analytical skills with the ability to drive strategic direction.
- Strong communicator with organizational awareness.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departments and with business leaders.
- Action oriented and adept at working in a fast-paced, values-driven, and growing organization.
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA or other relevant graduate degree preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.