A southeast based supermarket chain.
This position will report to the Vice President of Retail Sales and Operations. The Division Director of Stores directly supervises 50-65 store management and field support staff with additional indirect reports that include 200 store department managers and 1,600 store employees.
The Division Director of Stores will lead an operations division to achieve budgeted sales, gross profit, expenses, and bottom-line EBITDA while ensuring service levels and ritual execution that supports the company’s brand.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Develop and implement store operations procedures.
- Work closely with executive staff to identify and initiate change and achieve the company’s brand vision and results.
- Work to balance the needs of guests, employees, and shareholders.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the company’s brand components and enforce brand alignment and execution throughout assigned division.
- Ensure assigned division supports all marketing and sales driving initiatives and instill a selling culture within their team.
- Ensure achievement of budgeted P&L objectives.
- Motivate and coach leaders at all levels to effectively execute company visual merchandising expectations.
- Ensure guest service delivery that meets brand expectations including the use of I, Me, and My, recommending, and story selling.
- Perform period and quarterly business reviews to ensure performance and make key strategic decisions as needed to deliver on the company’s financials.
- Ensure the profitable management of center store and fresh inventory.
- Partner with human resources to ensure proper staffing, onboarding, training, and performance management of employees within the assigned division.
- Hire and develop bench leaders who fit and support the brand, challenge themselves to continuously improve, and achieve desired results.
- Support the e-commerce team in driving sales, subscriber health, efficiency, and curbside performance metrics.
- Lead and develop the field merchandising team.
- Provide leadership that is in line with the company’s brand and drives employee engagement, inclusion, and diversity.
- Ensure all assigned stores achieve the company’s audit objectives and Food Safety standards.
- Manage the execution of workforce management initiatives and the achievement of labor and overtime management within assigned division.
- Create a guest-focused culture that supports sales, people, brand, and operational excellence.
- Prepare weekly division recaps and enthusiastically participate in weekly operations meetings.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholder teams (marketing, merchandising, operations, brand, finance, e-commerce, and store development) to continually innovate and differentiate the company’s offerings.
- 10-12 years of progressively increasing retail supermarket experience including some combination of store management, merchandising, field management, etc.
- Passion for the business and growing sales; enthusiasm for retail operations.
- P&L responsibility for a multi-store territory.
- Proven ability to inspire, motivate, and lead a large team including store managers, department managers, and field support personnel.
- Ability to develop and implement store operations procedures.
- Demonstrated orientation for results, utilizing data for making business decisions.
- Ability to think outside the box, executing within the company’s structure while offering new ideas and solutions when appropriate.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and operate in a lean structure with full accountability for all areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrated values of honesty and trustworthiness in all facets of the role.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience working effectively within a team structure.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.