An independent, advisory focused, privately held investment bank that provides merger & acquisition and financial advisory services for privately held, private equity owned, not-for-profit, and publicly traded companies, as well as municipalities. Advisory services include company sales, recapitalizations, capital raises of debt & equity, corporate carve outs, special situations, management buyouts, corporate valuations, fairness opinions and business consulting. The company serves clients in a wide range of industries, including automotive aftermarket, building products, business services, consumer products, convenience retail, downstream energy, healthcare, and industrial products.
The client is seeking a Director to add to its growing team. This individual is responsible for marketing, developing client relationships, and overseeing the transaction process.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Identify and develop business opportunities.
- Evaluate and analyze client needs, including the formulation and positioning of a client’s distinctive qualities with a focus on competitive differentiation.
- Maintain client communication.
- Lead transaction structuring and execution efforts.
- Mentor/supervise junior bankers.
- Strong M&A experience with an ability to generate business, especially in the middle market.
- Commercially oriented with a proven track record of strategic thinking and credibility within an industry or industry sector.
- Active experience and relationships within a given industry sector.
- Interest in working on a private, entrepreneurial platform driven by a well-defined set of core values.
- Solid leader who can offer expertise, insight, and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree from an accredited institution; excellent academic track record.
- Preferred: Holder or candidate of any of the following designations: Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA).
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package. This is an excellent long-term opportunity with equity ownership potential.