Director, Standards and Field Operations
One of the largest providers of automotive aftermarket upgrades in North America.
This position will report directly to the President and supervise six Field Franchise Business Consultants.
The Director, Standards and Field Operations will develop and execute company brand standards across the franchise organization. This role is also responsible for overseeing the efforts and performance of Field Franchise Business Consultants, along with hundreds of franchise locations.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Develop and execute company standards:
- Manage the content and execution of the company operations manual.
- Develop and celebrate a positive reinforcement program for franchisee compliance.
- Develop processes ensuring all franchisees will operate certified company franchise locations.
- Maintain accountability efforts through training, communication, and default notifications.
- Oversee a team of Field Franchise Business Consultants (FFBCs) and all US-based franchises:
- Leverage regional franchise performance data to provide insight and coach FFBCs to drive improved regional accessory sales and chemical purchases.
- Direct and track progress of ongoing corporate initiative implementation (dispersed by FFBCs) across the franchise organization.
- Develop internal and external training efforts to support the implementation of ongoing corporate initiatives and support accessory installation and sales.
- Manage Field Franchise Business Consultants:
- Hire, train, and develop a team of FFBCs.
- Develop standard operating procedures, benchmarking metrics, and accountability measures to ensure FFBCs’ efficacy.
- Provide ongoing leadership, manage employee PTO requests and other time management requirements, conduct performance evaluations, and ensure the team’s performance metrics are achieved.
- Manage SG&A budget for the team.
- Lead inter-departmental efforts to promote franchise satisfaction.
- Coordinate with the Director of Operations and Field Franchise Business Consultants to align on business coaching program status, growth trajectory, standard compliance, ongoing communications, etc.
- Recommend internal and external training needs and opportunities to the company training department.
- Correspond with ordering teams (accounts receivable, accounts payable, warehouse managers, etc.) to troubleshoot and resolve order-related concerns.
- Manage end-consumer complaints with franchises to maintain the integrity of the brand.
- Management experience in an organizational setting.
- Three to five years of leadership experience required; five to seven years of management experience and one to three years managing a remote team preferred.
- Proven record of measured metrics-based success.
- Experience in a franchise organization.
- Scheduling and training expertise.
- Adept leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand complex financial reports.
- Approximately 25 percent travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required; advanced degree in operations management or a similar field preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.