Based in the Southeast, this leading, innovative healthcare system provides superior customer care and service across a network of more than 900 locations. Its diverse network includes academic medical centers, 40+ hospitals, freestanding emergency departments, physician practices, surgical and rehabilitation centers, home health agencies, nursing homes, and behavioral health centers, as well as hospice and palliative care services. With almost 12 million patient interactions annually, the organization employs more than 60,000 full and part-time workers.
The Director reports to the Assistant Vice President, Office of the Chief Executive Officer, and works collaboratively with all other department leaders.
In support of the CEO, the Director leads internal and external communication plans, initiatives, and programs that build brand awareness among teammates and the general community and leads and mentors teams with the goal of furthering organizational priorities and messages among key publics.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Absorb and transform complex information into compelling vision and strategy aligned messages in the forms of presentations, talking points, and speeches for the CEO, Board of Commissioners, and Executive Leadership Team.
- Adhering to brand identity and guidelines, produce compelling and creative executive presentations for internal and external (local, regional, and national) audiences.
- Serving as a representative of the Office of the CEO, help coordinate and execute system-wide initiatives, providing excellent customer service in all interactions.
- Collaborate effectively with teammates, senior staff, and C-level executives across the organization, providing regular communication and support for projects as needed.
- Contribute to strategic annual plans and programs that effectively integrate with overall enterprise strategies.
- Lead and provide quality oversight for multiple projects, ensuring reasonableness and appropriateness in presented detail; identify ways to reduce project completion time and cross-apply results or methods to other projects; filter recommendations and alternatives to present themes, ideas, or conclusions for executive consideration.
- Introduce creativity to problem-solving, even applying concepts or methods from outside or a non-healthcare context.
- Research the healthcare industry and national landscape for the latest information and significant differentiation and relevance for all audiences.
- Serve as a backup to leaders in various internal and external meetings and roles as needed.
- Minimum seven years’ experience.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven, and community oriented.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain a balance among multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently as a leader and/or in collaboration with others; open to feedback and critique.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; team player who can work effectively with employees at all levels with a proven track record working with C-suite executives.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.