Privately held and headquartered in the southeast, the company is one of the fastest growing and largest quick service restaurant (QSR) and fast casual restaurant groups in the country. With a strong focus on developing a world-class multi-branded quick service and fast casual restaurant franchising business, the company owns and operates over 200 quick service restaurants across 15 states.
This position will report directly to the Vice President of Operations.
The individual who occupies this position will be expected to oversee restaurant operations and leadership of a defined territory. Responsible for leading, coaching, and directing Above Restaurant Leaders and Restaurant General Managers in support of the division strategic plan and company core values. Responsible for ensuring defined territory meets or exceeds operational standards, and adheres to systems, policies, and procedures. Accountable for the growth and development of Above Restaurant Leaders and building a talent pipeline within a defined territory.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Lead multi-unit restaurant operations and leadership in driving same store sales and EBITDA goals in alignment with the company strategic plan.
- Partner with Restaurant Support Center leadership to define territory budget and sales goals; align with Above Restaurant Operations leadership on execution of such plans.
- Provide coaching to Above Restaurant Leaders on profit and Loss statements; provide guidance and corrective action on labor, food, waste, inventory control, local store marketing, and other metrics in support of sales growth and execution of the strategic plan.
- Responsible for territory reporting and administrative processes.
- Ensure Above Restaurant Leaders comply with company policies and procedures on employee safety, food safety, brand standards, cash handling, facility maintenance, staffing levels, and federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Accountable for effective leadership development of Above Restaurant Leaders and Restaurant General Managers in support of the strategic plan.
- Responsible for the growth and development of the internal and external talent within a defined territory.
- Execute performance management systems and processes in support of building a talent pipeline.
- Partner with training and development partner(s) to ensure operations leadership receives necessary training tools and resources.
- Responsible for ensuring certified training locations are maintained in a defined territory.
- Collaborate with the People Team to ensure employee relations matters are investigated and resolved, and units adhere to federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Ensure the company culture is in alignment with core values to build management retention.
- Accountable for coaching Above Restaurant Leaders and Restaurant General Managers and operations leadership in solving guest relations matters and concerns.
- Ensure guest satisfaction meets or exceeds brand standards.
- Consistently exhibit the actions and behaviors which best demonstrate company values, and perform all tasks as directed by the company leadership team to include all Above Store Leadership and their assigned representatives.
- Five years’ restaurant/QSR management experience; five years in a multi-unit leader role, or equivalent experience and education.
- ServSafe® Certification is required.
- Sufficient knowledge of technology, marketing, and restaurant operations.
- Strong financial acumen and consultation practices.
- Possess organizational, communication, and facilitation skills to address multiple audiences.
- Excellent leadership and management capabilities with the ability to resolve conflicts.
- Possess the ability to impart knowledge while fostering a partnership.
- Ability to multi-task when necessary, and quickly develop positive working relationships.
- Ability to serve in a self-directed role and adhere to core company values.
- Availability to travel 50% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or a related field.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.