Private equity-backed industrial products manufacturer based in the greater Baltimore, MD area.
This position will report directly to the Group Chief Financial Officer and will manage a Finance team consisting of five direct reports and one dotted line report (IT).
The individual who occupies this position will be based in the greater Baltimore, MD area, and expected to manage Finance for the commercial and production functions of the organization. The Director of Finance and Accounting will have a strong business relationship with the Vice President of Sales and Vice President of Operations, and with whom will develop the company’s business in a profitable manner. This includes supporting the sales organization in their commercial propositions and driving efficiency improvements.
The Director of Finance and Accounting is responsible for maximizing the return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. This individual will liaise frequently with the Group Controller. This position ensures legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting, tax, and financial reporting functions. The Director of Finance and Accounting also oversees payroll and risk management.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Provide strategic financial leadership and support on the evaluation of potential business opportunities, investments, and the general profitability of the company.
- Ensure timely and accurate budget analysis and financial review for the management team.
- Establish financial reporting systems and controls to ensure compliance with company policies and to meet customer needs.
- Financial consolidation and reporting of the company on a periodic, quarterly, and annual basis, including consolidated periodic reporting to management; audited annual accounts; statutory and corporate tax returns and subsequent follow-ups with the authorities.
- Recommend and develop policies, procedures, and systems to meet company objectives.
- Provide proactive advice regarding profitability development.
- Work to optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate needed strategies for improvement.
- Build, develop, and manage Finance and IT teams capable of carrying out needed initiatives.
- Development and analysis of product, customer, and channel profitability reporting in Power BI.
- Cash flow forecasting process and optimization of working capital.
- 3-5 years of experience in managing an accounting function in a medium- or large-sized company, preferably in an international commercial and production organization.
- Strong experience in financial and performance management.
- Analytically strong, solution oriented.
- Honest and highly ethical conduct.
- Strong communication skills, team player.
- Ambitious, driven, proactive, and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Experience in the use of Management Information Systems (ERPs), Microsoft AX or D365, and Cognos are a plus.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or the equivalent is preferred.
- CPA or CMA qualification preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.