Located in Charlotte, NC, I AM 24/7 is a nonprofit ministry that, through Jesus, engages, equips, empowers, and employs young men in low income neighborhoods to be the next generation of life influencers in their own communities. Boys of all ages also participate in tutoring, Bible study, and mentoring activities year-round and on seasonal soccer and basketball teams. High school students own their roles as leaders in the community, and some high-school students are employed as part-time coaches.
I AM 24/7 coaches live in the community with 52 players on various teams, 34 mentors and tutors, and five church partnerships. For more information, please visit www.iam247.org.
The Director is expected to live in the Grier Heights community (family housing provided) and will report directly to the Executive Director and indirectly to the Board of Directors.
Specific duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Support the Executive Director in planning and executing the organization’s overall mission and programs.
- Develop and administer the broader Leadership Development Program; develop and maintain partnerships with local organizations and churches to support the program.
- Oversee intensive discipleship program for young leaders ages 18-22.
- Connect with middle and high school students through coaching, tutoring, and leading small groups.
- Organize quarterly trips with middle school and high school youth.
- Work with program participants on college preparation, job readiness, and other leadership development objectives.
- Participate, in conjunction with the Executive Director, in comprehensive fundraising efforts to cover the organization’s operating and capital budgets.
- A strong, grounded faith in Jesus Christ and calling to support the organization’s mission.
- Passion for and experience working with young people, age ten and up.
- Understanding of challenges facing young men in low income communities.
- Leadership experience that includes developing and mentoring future leaders, empowering youth, and coordinating volunteers.
- Ability to take initiative and implement programs; experience building programs preferred.
- Team player; experience as a manager with direct reports preferred.
- Strong character, patience, and grit.
- Experience teaching and coaching youth through sports preferred.
- Willingness to work a non-traditional schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge of the Bible.
- College degree.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and includes a salary and housing in the Grier Heights community.