A North Carolina based heavy manufacturing company.
This position will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and manage four to five accounting and finance professionals.
The Controller and Director – Financial Planning and Analysis is responsible for monitoring and maintaining all aspects of the company’s financial structure and infrastructure and financial accounting and reporting in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), including financial planning and analyses in support of manufacturing operations and oversight responsibility for all job costing and analysis.
This is a senior management position with a seat on the Leadership Team. This individual will serve as the company’s focal point for all accounting and financial reporting, including manufacturing accounting, i.e., cost accounting and profitability by vessel, as well as all quoting, and matters affecting all financial aspects and economics of the business. Hands-on leadership, including a presence on the manufacturing floor in support of all manufacturing operations, will be critical to one’s success.
Other specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Developing budgets with ongoing and real time profitability projections through respective vessel builds.
- Preparing cash flow forecasting with CFO, including weekly cash requirements.
- Preparing external/internal month-end financial statements for owner and lenders.
- Ensuring accurate preparation and accounting for all payroll-associated journal entries and reconciliations.
- Overseeing preparation of monthly SG&A actual vs. budget analysis; comparing and analyzing monthly and year-over-year variances.
- Overseeing daily reporting of all bank transactions; review and sign-off of monthly bank reconciliations.
- Overseeing fixed asset ledger, including depreciation, and managing the annual capital expenditure budget including requisitions, approvals and return on investment analyses.
- Leading the annual physical inventory efforts, as well as all associated reconciliations.
- Working closely with CFO on annual property and casualty insurance renewal.
- Acting as mentor to entire accounting team, including individual professional development and performance.
- Supporting all functional leaders, especially manufacturing operations, via FP&A efforts.
- Along with the CFO, working directly with the third-party lender and external insurance/risk broker.
- Serving as lead for the annual external financial audit and tax preparation process.
- Managing, maintaining and monitoring, as appropriate, all finance, sales and operating metrics calculations, compilations and reporting.
- Performing other accounting and financial duties as appropriate.
- Minimum of BS degree in accounting; degree in finance may be considered.
- CPA and/or MBA required.
- Demonstrated manufacturing floor presence in support of manufacturing operations.
- Demonstrated experience with ERP systems required; Epicor experience a plus.
- GAAP experience, at a professional level.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Access, Power Point, and Word, with a special emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
- Strong ability to analyze large amounts of data and provide insight to employees outside of accounting/finance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively problem-solve through conceptual design, speed and flexibility.
- Ability to work independently and within cross-functional groups.
- Ability to work well in groups as both a team member and a team leader, as situations dictate.
- Self-motivated and driven individual, aspiring for advancement in the organization.
- Strong work ethic and genuine enthusiasm for working additional hours as needed to learn and support the business.
- Strong project management and follow-up skills to ensure all projects are actively managed and completed in a timely fashion.
Compensation, including a competitive salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package, will be commensurate with experience.