A privately held contract food manufacturer.
This position will report to the Chief Executive Officer and manage a team of three.
The Controller will serve as an integral part of a growing company and make an immediate impact to set the company up for future success. As a trusted member of the management team, the Controller will provide accurate and timely financial data while supporting both short- and long-term strategic planning goals and initiatives. Additionally, he/she will provide visibility around operational costs of the business through analysis and reporting (monitoring of the budget and controlling the variances), while ensuring adherence to GAAP standards.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Maintain adequate accounting and financial system records, ensuring accurate and timely completion of standard procedures (i.e., month-end and year-end closing, financial statement preparation and analysis, and daily accounting transactions), and consistently enhance controls and business solutions designed to mitigate financial risk.
- Analyze monthly financial results and promote clear understanding of key financial figures and costing within the organization, including leading training sessions for operations teams.
- Assist management in the development and tracking of key performance indicators (KPIs) that enable the business to make sound and strategic business decisions.
- Work closely with leadership to identify opportunities and develop strategies, understand internal business operations, and make decisions on process development and implementation to increase efficiencies and create cost savings.
- Manage, coach, and develop the accounting staff as individuals and as a team, including career and succession planning.
- Coordinate the annual audit and ensure that the auditors have all the information they need to render an accurate judgment of the company’s financial statements.
- Play a key role in the development of the annual budget from both a top-down and bottom-up approach, in addition to supporting capital investment and cash planning needs.
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV experience highly desirable.
- Minimum of seven to 10 years of experience in a manufacturing facility with a minimum of two years in a supervisory role.
- Thorough understanding of GAAP and cost accounting.
- High ethical standards; responsible, dependable, trustworthy, and thorough.
- Exceptional organizational skills; detail-oriented and analytically driven.
- Good interpersonal skills; high level of emotional intelligence and adaptability.
- Constructive problem solver; willing to roll up sleeves without layering in overhead.
- Clear communicator and effective leader.
- Assertive and proactive with high energy level and stamina.
- Operational experience a plus.
- Acquisition/transaction and capital market experience desired (not required).
- Personal growth potential to match company growth potential.
- Bachelor of Science degree in accounting or other finance degree or equivalent.
- CPA preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.