National retailer with 100 locations across the US. Headquartered in the western US.
The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and supervises multiple Information Technology leaders across the organization. The CTO is a member of the Executive Management Team.
technical aspects of the company and developing and implementing growth strategies for the company supported by the use of technological resources. Using an active and practical approach, the CTO will lead all employees in the Information Technology departments to attain the objectives established in the company’s strategic plan. Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Supporting the company’s culture, mission, and values; establish the company’s technical vision and lead all aspects of the company’s technological development and support.
- Provide thought leadership, innovation, and creativity relating to technological initiatives and lead the company’s strategic direction, development, and future growth for technology platforms, partnerships, and external relationships.
- Identify, compare, select, and implement technology solutions to meet current and future company needs.
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors; utilize stakeholder feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology; consult with other department heads as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop the IT management team to ensure that evolving, long range leadership and expertise are in place; ensure the IT structure is consistently responsive to the needs of corporate growth and changing corporate objectives.
- Lead the organization’s omni-channel strategy utilizing and maximizing the use of existing platforms including SAP/Hybris, Retail.net, Oracle, and HighJump.
- Oversee and ensure company compliance and annual recertification for both PCI and IT controls for Sarbanes Oxley.
- Prepare and ensure control of the Information Technology departmental annual budget; manage and optimize infrastructure assets to satisfy internal financial targets.
- Create overall technology standards and practices and ensure adherence; track, analyze, and monitor technology performance metrics; consolidate technology platforms where applicable; oversee all design changes in system architecture.
- Work closely with Marketing, Business Development, and Operations to define and deliver new products and enhancements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least ten years proven experience in a Chief Technology Officer or similar leadership role; minimum 15 years overall experience in Information Technology.
- Knowledge of industry trends for building a technology strategy.
- Experience in an omni-channel retail environment.
- Thorough understanding of budgets and business planning.
- In-depth knowledge of web systems architecture, design, and development.
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- Outstanding leadership, organizational, and time management skills.
- Effective negotiation and vendor management skills.
- Hands-on experience with complex project management.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.