Private equity backed, residential plumbing, restoration, and HVAC service company.
This position will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and will manage the regional operations team.
The Chief Operations Officer (COO) will serve as the operational leader for the company and work in partnership with the executive team and private equity company to accomplish the growth strategy for the organization. The COO is responsible for establishing and implementing operational processes, systems, and metrics across the organization to ensure the highest standards of quality are met.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Provide hands-on operational leadership and support to both enterprise and branch management teams, enabling them to be successful.
- Serve as a key member on the management team throughout partnership with the private equity company and future partners.
- Facilitate due diligence of add-on acquisitions and post-closing integration (with the broader team). Post-closing integration will include an assessment of and key decisions around:
– Company locations and functions.
– The highest and best use of internal and acquired talent.
– Efficiency opportunities and synergies.
– The optimal go-to-market strategy (especially as the company’s go-to-market strategy expands further into B2C/residential).
- Develop and recruit high performing management teams across existing and future locations.
- Continue to foster and develop a workplace environment that promotes employee engagement, development, and retention.
- Develop and lead initiatives or special projects that further the company’s growth, including management of bolt-on acquisitions and implementation of Service Titan.
- Develop management protocols and structures to effectively utilize available assets.
- Field service management experience in plumbing or related industry required.
- Prior experience leading operations for a PE-backed residential plumbing, restoration, or HVAC service company strongly preferred.
- A history of successfully building effective cultures and growing similarly sized businesses.
- Experience establishing systems, processes, and operational KPIs across an enterprise with multiple locations.
- Knowledge and comfort with M&A due diligence and post-closing integration.
- An analytical mind that is comfortable with numbers and strategy.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills with an ability to effectively build relationships with management team, customers, field technicians, board members, and potential acquisition targets.
- Technologically savvy, including experience with field service software; specifically, experience with Service Titan is highly desired.
- Proven experience working with founders to clarify and realize their vision for a business would be a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, short- and long-term incentive opportunities, and competitive benefits package.