Privately owned distributor of food products.
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and leads a team of four direct reports and approximately 300 employees responsible for finance, accounting, and inventory control across the company.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for all facets of finance and accounting, including FP&A, treasury, accounts payable, accounts receivable, audit, administrative, and risk management operations of the company. As a key member of the executive team, the CFO provides leadership and coordination in the administrative, business planning, accounting, and budgeting efforts of the company. The CFO is responsible for managing total assets.
Specific duties include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the owners and a member of the executive management team, actively participating in key decisions that impact the company’s strategic direction and tactical initiatives.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the company, including working capital, investment of excess cash, and ROI on capital investments.
- Utilize a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes a minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs and optimal utilization of the company’s working capital line of credit.
- Leverage financial and tax strategies and work closely with owner to report financial results and risk issues.
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans and develop performance measures that support the strategic direction.
- Prepare all required financial statements and provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, financial forecasts, and financial trends to assist the leadership team in performing their responsibilities.
- Manage the capital request, budgeting, and financing processes.
- Oversee the accounting, finance, cost accounting, and payroll functions, including outsourced accounting/audit functions and banking relationships.
- Manage all aspects of the company’s 401(k) plan and insurance coverage.
- Ensure that recordkeeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Constantly evaluate opportunities to streamline regular tasks to allow the department to run more efficiently.
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, and values of the company; consistently enhance the overall operation and effectiveness of the company.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in a senior-level financial role with at least five years working as a CFO; experience working in a family-owned business is a plus.
- Proven experience developing and leading high-performing teams.
- Sound finance and accounting experience balanced with exemplary strategic acumen.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as federal and state laws, legal documents, safety rules, and operating and procedure manuals.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methodologies.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to the executive team.
- Technically savvy with prior ERP operational experience.
- Strong ability to communicate and influence others, both orally and written.
- Ability to multitask and work independently as required.
- College degree required; MBA or CPA preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.