Chief Financial Officer
Based in the Southeast, the company is an independently owned and operated service provider to the trucking industry, including commercial tires and retreads, mechanical services, as well as fleet management technologies to assist customers in managing fleets more efficiently. Employing over 1,000 service professionals, the company currently operates over 50 locations throughout the South and Midwest that serve more than 35 states, as well as several Michelin retread facilities, and multiple distribution centers that provide delivery capability to over 75% of the continental US. Recognized as an industry leader, the company expertly provides fleets and owner-operators the product offerings and responsive service that exceeds expectations, with an ongoing operating principle that promises customers to go the distance in order to serve their needs.
This position reports to the President and leads a team of finance, accounting, and customer relations professionals.
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the corporation in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board and other regulatory and advisory organizations as well as in accordance with financial management practices appropriate within the manufacturing industry and private sector.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct, and evaluate the company’s fiscal function and performance.
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, and values of the company; enhance and/or develop, implement, and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the company.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the company, i.e., evaluation of potential acquisitions and/or mergers, investment of excess cash, as well as ROI on capital investments.
- Participate in the development of the company’s capital expenditure plan and budgets across the enterprise.
- Evaluate the company’s fundraising plans and capital structure; evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies, and regulatory action.
- Develop and oversee all controls, thresholds, and audits for all inventory; assist the area VPs with developing strategies to reduce or maintain inventory.
- Maintain and manage all banking, legal, and accounting relationships; optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position; coordinate with outside accountants on review of 401(k) and tax documents.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes a minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs and optimal utilization of the company’s working capital line of credit.
- Oversee the company’s Corporate Administration staff to include Accounts Payable and procurement.
- Prepare all required financial statements and provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, financial forecasts, and financial trends to assist the President and Board of Directors in performing their responsibilities.
- Direct oversight on all real estate leases and facility management
- Work in conjunction with VP of HR on risk management strategy, evaluations, and renewals.
- Work with area VPs on forecasting vehicle purchases.
- Serve as the financial advisor on any contracts into which the company may enter.
- Participate in the company’s IT committee.
- An experienced leader, manager, and financial executive with appropriate experience of at least ten years, preferably in a fleet or transportation related industry.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex financial documents.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methodologies.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to the executive team and the Board of Directors.
- Technically savvy with prior ERP operational experience.
- Strong interpersonal, strategic, and technical skills, as well as analytical ability and sound judgment.
- Decisive; possesses a “big picture” perspective with interest in the operational side of manufacturing.
- Occasional overnight and out-of-market travel, less than 25%.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field; MBA or other advanced degree strongly preferred.
- CPA strongly preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.