A leading designer and manufacturer of specialty machinery, with a comprehensive product portfolio and differentiated technology, significant white space potential, and strong industry tailwinds. The company recently partnered with a leading middle-market private equity firm that is looking to substantially grow both the top and bottom line through a combination of organic growth and acquisitions.
Greater Columbus, OH area
The Chief Financial Officer reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and oversees a five-person team today that will grow as the company continues to grow.
As a key business partner to the CEO, the CFO serves as a member of the senior leadership team and is responsible for all financial, accounting, and analytical support across the organization as well as overseeing the IT function.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Defines and gains approval, alongside the senior leadership team, for the company’s annual business plan, operating budget, and capital budget as a function of the strategic plan and current priorities, and measures and manages ongoing performance against those budgets.
- Oversees all aspects of internal and external financial reporting including financial reports to fellow executives, the Board, Audit Committee, lenders, and investors.
- Oversees the company’s annual budgeting process and forecasting. Develops financial models and analyzes trends to prepare forecasts, budgets, and management reports. Develops, refines, and reports on key performance indicators for the business. Measures, reports, and investigates the company’s performance against plan and monitors profitability, cash flow, and financial stability.
- Oversees the identification and monitoring of financial and operational risks and controls, and the development of strategies to address those risks.
- Oversees the treasury function and development of strategies for managing interest rate hedging, capital budgeting, and debt financing (in partnership with ONCAP).
- Oversees the tax compliance and planning, in conjunction with external advisors, in a manner that minimizes any tax liabilities. Ensures the timely and accurate preparation and filing of all tax returns.
- Serves as the final reviewer for supplier, customer, and operational contract agreements and may support negotiations and interface with legal counsel and other team members as required.
- Works closely with the senior leadership team, ONCAP, and the Board on add-on acquisitions and other strategic initiatives, eventually including sale of the company.
- Works closely with the senior leadership team to advise and make presentations to the Board of Directors and ONCAP. Ensures the Audit Committee of the Board has the information and analysis it needs to meet its fiduciary responsibilities.
- Develops, mentors, and hires, as needed, for the finance team to build the succession pipeline and strengthen and improve the capacity of the finance function.
- Oversees a thoughtful integration of business systems.
- Instills a culture of accountability for results throughout the organization.
- Upgrades systems and processes, improves FP&A, and supports the company’s continued growth.
- An undergraduate degree combined with an accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA, or CPA).
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in various financial roles and at least three years in a position equivalent to a CFO managing a financial function and team at an organization with revenue in excess of $50 million in the industrial manufacturing sector. Priority consideration given for experience with capital equipment businesses. Experience with acquisitive private equity-backed businesses is beneficial; public company reporting experience also valued but not required.
- Solid knowledge of GAAP, financial accounting, and internal controls. Knowledge of IFRS, complex accounting tasks such as fair-value inventory accounting and stock-based compensation. Experience with Percentage of Completion (“POC”) accounting is highly valued but not required.
- Energetic “hands-on” manager who leads by example and is a team player who brings a foundation in accounting with a strong core in operational finance and an inquisitive and value-added approach as more than just a financial “score keeper.”
- An empowering, collaborative manager with a demonstrated ability to recruit, develop, inspire, and lead a team in the achievement of objectives and goals.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a style that promotes collaboration, discussion, and innovation.
- Possesses an ongoing “continuous improvement” approach with a proven track record in process/system improvement.
- Ability to work effectively with a “small company” mindset and infrastructure to effect culture change.
WHY THIS IS A COMPELLING OPPORTUNITY:
- An ability to be part of a rapidly growing, market-leading company with a tremendous team and culture in an industry with tremendous whitespace opportunity.
- Opportunity to become a cornerstone part of an entrepreneurial management team that will continue to be invested in.
- Opportunity to partner with a very well respected and highly supportive investor group at the very front-end of its investment, seeking to continue to build the company for the next several years prior to a potentially lucrative liquidity event.
- This is a key position in a mission-critical role that will be a key part of senior leadership team developing the strategy for and executing to grow the business.
- Significant wealth creation opportunity available through equity investment and incentive program (option plan and bonus program).
A competitive compensation package will be offered consistent with the successful candidate’s capabilities including an attractive base salary and annual performance bonus and participation in the company’s equity incentive plan, allowing for the potential for significant wealth creation.