A family-owned and operated manufacturer of material handling products. The company has a strong commitment to product development, quality control, speed to market, and meeting customer needs. Services and product scope include pallet rack, wire deck, rack guard, aisle shield, security partition, and machine guarding.
This position will report to the President. Other functions reporting to the President include engineering, human resources, information technology, manufacturing, purchasing, general counsel, and sales. There are currently three direct reports to this position: a senior accountant, accounts payable, and accounts receivable. This position will interact frequently with the Board of Directors.
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the corporation in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board and other regulatory and advisory organizations as well as in accordance with financial management practices appropriate within the manufacturing industry and private sector.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct, and evaluate the company’s fiscal function and performance.
- Participate in the development of the company’s plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies, and regulatory action.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, financial forecasts, and financial trends to assist the President and Board of Directors in performing their responsibilities.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement, and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the company.
- Continually improve the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the company; i.e., evaluation of potential acquisitions and/or mergers, investment of excess cash, as well as ROI on capital investments.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes a minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Supervise all accounting department personnel.
- Prepare all required financial statements.
- Coordinate with outside accountants on review of 401(k) and tax documents.
- Assist the President in managing banking relationship(s).
- Evaluate the company’s fundraising plans and capital structure.
- Serve as the financial advisor on any contracts into which the company may enter.
- An experienced leader, manager, and financial executive with appropriate industry experience, preferably in the manufacturing sector.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex financial documents.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methodologies.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to executives and the Board of Directors.
- A technically savvy individual with prior ERP operational experience.
- Strong interpersonal, strategic, and technical skills, as well as analytical ability, and good judgment.
- A decisive individual who possesses a “big picture” perspective and has interest in the operational side of manufacturing.
- Master’s degree and/or CPA strongly preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and benefits package.