Private equity owned distributor of specialty foods.
The Chief Executive Officer reports to the Board of Directors and oversees approximately 30 team members.
The CEO leads all aspects of the company in order to achieve value creation for all stakeholders through a comprehensive growth strategy and general management of the business.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Growth Strategy:
- Develop and execute strategic growth plan for increasing revenues and profitability.
- Identify and explore new sales channel and market opportunities.
- Create and implement new product development process (market/channel identification process, ideating, budgeting, pricing, ROI analysis, market sizing, etc.).
- Assist with identifying, pursuing, and supporting due diligence for relevant M&A and where needed integration of acquired companies.
- People leadership:
- Develop (and where necessary new hires) team to maximize potential as well as team effectiveness to deliver against strategic initiatives/objectives.
- Develop and implement clear performance metrics for key members (including executives).
- Develop human capital plan to build a scalable and sustainable operation and service model.
- Sales and marketing activities:
- Design and develop, in coordination with company’s VP of Sales, a sales organizational structure to execute on strategic plan for sustainable growth.
- Support VP of Sales in building and executing a multi-channel sales strategy across geographies capitalizing on the current market needs with clear annual and quarterly revenue targets.
- Define key roles and responsibilities within the sales organization to ensure clarity and accountability.
- Identify and implement key metrics to measure, track, and communicate sales team performance, including sales force efficiency and effectiveness. Refine and/or develop (as necessary) new systems and processes to improve sales force productivity including pipeline management, CRM utilization, and key performance metric definition, measurement, tracking, and reporting.
- Identify, target, and secure new distribution across multiple channels, which may include: natural/organic, specialty retailers, conventional, online, sub-distributors, and/or foodservice customers.
- Evaluate key target markets (existing and new) and develop plans to penetrate key markets.
- Account management:
- Build relationships with natural, specialty, foodservice, mass merchant buyers, and category managers.
- Manage development of new item presentations and secure placement of product portfolio.
- Highlight potential product, channel, or market risks and develop mitigation plans to be shared with management and the Board of Directors.
- Identify areas of operational improvement and where necessary required resources (internal and/or external) to realize opportunities.
- Oversee company operations and key functional areas including:
- Food safety.
- Order fulfilment and delivery supply chain.
- Supplier/vendor management – supporting existing relationships and build new partnerships.
- Inventory control.
- Quality control.
- Customer service and sales.
- Collaborate with company’s CFO to develop annual budget, ongoing forecast, and other KPIs.
- Support CFO in designing and implementing reporting and dashboards to support operations.
- Minimum of five years of experience as a Chief Executive Officer or Chief Operating Officer/President with full P&L ownership in a food distribution company with revenues of at least $75 million.
- Proven track record of profitable and sustainable growth.
- The ability to lead and manage rapid change.
- Experience with M&A – buy or sell side and preferably with post acquisition integrations.
- Extensive personal contacts in the mainstream grocery channel.
- Strong people management and mentoring skills with the ability to inspire others.
- Executive presence; strong business leadership acumen.
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills necessary to manage a challenging business environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus.
- Willingness to relocate.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, equity incentives, and competitive benefits package.