A private equity portfolio company that provides business technology solutions to small and medium sized businesses, Fortune 100 companies, and government agencies.
The Chief Executive Officer reports to the board of directors and works closely with the private equity team.
The Chief Executive Officer serves as the strategic leader for the portfolio company and, in conjunction with the private equity firm, works to achieve the overall vision and mission of the company. The CEO coordinates strategic initiatives and objectives that ensure the company’s financial health. This individual must lead by example and appropriately communicate the organization’s objectives to the employees and customers as appropriate.
Specific responsibilities include, but may not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Provide operational leadership, support, and professional development to the management team, including assessing existing talent and recruiting high level management personnel.
- Develop and nurture internal and external working relationships that are key to the company’s success, including current and prospective customers and vendors.
- Develop and lead strategic initiatives and special projects that further the company’s growth, including the identification of new business opportunities and service offerings.
- Develop management protocols and processes to effectively serve customers, engage team members, and achieve key business objectives.
- Regularly interface with the board of directors and private equity firm for update calls, strategy discussions, and board meetings.
- Lead all aspects of the company’s strategic growth plan, including organic growth and the identification, execution, and integration of add-on acquisitions.
- Interface with the company’s lenders to discuss strategy and rationale for any prospective add-on acquisitions.
- Serve as active participant in steps toward a future exit process, including leading management presentations and coaching key team members to achieve optimal returns.
- Integrity and ethics that are above reproach; respect for confidentiality.
- Collaborative leadership style with an ability to inspire others and lead by example.
- Ability to identify, develop, and support future leaders within the company.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to achieve results.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with exemplary strategic, analytical, and financial acumen.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment.
- Experience in general management with complete ownership of all business functions within a managed services business with annual revenues of $100 million or more; technology-focused B2B service experience a plus.
- Prior experience in private equity environment (particularly with execution of a successful exit strategy and bolt-on acquisitions) desired.
- Experience managing banking relationships and working in a levered environment desired.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus, equity, competitive benefits package, and relocation assistance.