National leader of maintenance and repair services for commercial vehicle fleets offering high-speed preventative maintenance, mechanical maintenance and repair, and on-site mobile maintenance and repair. The company is comprised of multiple brands spanning the West Coast to the East Coast and has experienced rapid growth over recent years. Backed by a leading private equity firm with a strong track record in the automotive and vehicle services industry, the company is well positioned for continued organic growth and in active discussions with compelling add-on targets that would provide further scale and exposure to fleets in new end markets.
The Chief Executive Officer will report directly to the Executive Chairman and Board of Directors and interact regularly with its private equity investor.
The Chief Executive Officer will drive growth and will be responsible for the strategic leadership of the company, with ultimate responsibility for all functional areas of the business. Additionally, the CEO, in cooperation with the broader team, will be responsible for the following initiatives to help position the company to maximize shareholder value:
- Work with the founding owners and leadership team to further develop the M&A pipeline.
- Work with the board and management team, negotiating and structuring add-on transactions.
- Lead due diligence and post-closing integration (with the broader team). Post-closing integration will include an assessment of and key decisions around: 1. company locations and functions.; 2. the highest and best use of internal and acquired talent; 3. efficiency opportunities and synergies; 4. the optimal go-to-market strategy (especially as the company’s go-to-market strategy expands).
- Lead communication with company’s existing lender regarding overall strategy, updates on business progress, and gaining approval for add-on acquisitions.
- Recruiting and talent development – ensure the development of an effective talent management function, including recruitment, engagement, and retention.
- Assess the organization (including additional add-ons) to determine the optimal use of resources; defining and implementing an appropriate organizational design.
- Develop the executive team to support growth and scale.
- Ensure the creation of an internal mechanic training program to allow for faster realization of employees and to attract new talent.
- Manage, build, and optimize the company’s brand, reputation, and culture.
- Build domain expertise and being a thought leader in the commercial fleet repair and maintenance industry.
- Ensure all locations and mobile units are operating at consistent high standards.
- Create a workplace environment that fosters employee engagement, development, and retention.
- Optimize operational capabilities through process improvement in key operational areas including onboarding new clients, delivery, client management.
- Evolve the current platform for quick integration of future acquisitions.
- Implement systems to enhance the customer experience through self-service and transparency.
- Improve operating productivity to drive cash collection velocity and lower cost structure.
- Understand and maximize prices and margins within the current service mix.
- Launch new services or locations that meet market needs and generate attractive margins.
- Implement tools to encourage data-driven decision making throughout the organization.
- Review compensation and incentive plans.
- Proven experience as a general manager with full P&L responsibility, preferably as CEO of a fast-paced, private equity-backed business with a leveraged balance sheet.
- A history of successfully building effective cultures and growing similarly sized businesses.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills with an ability to effectively present to board members, customers, vendors, and future investors/buyers in a variety of professional and social settings.
- An analytical mind that is comfortable with numbers and strategy.
- Knowledge and comfort with M&A negotiation and post-closing integration.
- Private equity experience, particularly execution of successful exit strategy and bolt-on acquisitions.
- Experience in general management within a business environment similar to the company where the service being provided involved skilled technicians traveling in vehicles to perform repair/maintenance work.
- Experience in establishing effective management protocols in a growing business.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, equity, and competitive benefits package.