Private equity owned industrial and residential services company.
The Chief Executive Officer will serve as a member of the organization’s board, report directly to the Executive Chairman and Board of Directors and interact regularly with its private equity investor.
The Chief Executive Officer will drive growth and will be responsible for the strategic leadership of the company, with ultimate responsibility for all functional areas of the business. Additionally, the CEO, in cooperation with the broader team, will be responsible for the following initiatives to help position the company to maximize shareholder value:
- Manage, build, and optimize the company’s brand and reputation:
- Build domain expertise and be a thought leader in the restoration and construction services industry.
- Understand and maximize prices and margins within the current product mix.
- Launch new services that meet market needs and generate attractive margins.
- Recruitment and talent development and platform design:
- Assess the organization (including additional add-ons) to determine the optimal use of resources.
- Define and implement an appropriate organizational design that leverages scale and enables shared corporate services while at the same time enables nimble market operations and preserves in-market brand equity.
- Develop the executive team to support growth and scale.
- Drive the acquisition and integration of add-ons:
- Work with the founding owners and leadership team to further develop the M&A pipeline.
- Work with the board and management team, negotiate and structure add-on transactions.
- Lead due diligence and post-closing integration with the broader team. Post-closing integration will include an assessment of and key decisions around:
- Company locations and functions.
- The highest and best use of internal and acquired talent.
- Efficiency opportunities and synergies.
- The optimal go-to-market strategy, especially as the company’s go-to-market strategy expands.
- Optimize the company’s operational capabilities through process improvement in key operational areas including job conversion, field operations, estimating, project management, and overall service delivery to include:
- Leverage technology to enhance existing processes.
- Evolve the current platform for quick integration of future acquisitions.
- Implement systems to enhance customer experience.
- Improve operating productivity to drive cash collection velocity and lower cost structure.
- Develop a more aggressive customer acquisition strategy:
- Complete a competitive positioning assessment to help define white space for organic growth.
- Cultivate new relationships with sales channel partners (e.g., plumbers, homebuilders, property management companies, etc.).
- Leverage scale and best practices to create a robust digital marketing strategy and platform to drive direct consumer sales.
- Review all sales channels and existing sales processes.
- Review compensation and incentive plans.
- Create a culture of performance and process improvement:
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and execute objectives and key results (OKRs) tied to the attainment of overall growth objectives.
- Hold functional leaders and operators accountable for meeting those goals.
- Identify key performance indicators to manage business outcomes and reduce performance variability.
- When results vary negatively from plan, identify the variance early, and correct the root cause quickly.
- Additional core responsibilities:
- Strategic leadership and direct accountability for and management of the company’s dispatch and communication operators, field supervisors, technicians, and account executives.
- Manage relationships with plumbing company and other strategic partners (i.e., companies that serve as a source of lead generation).
- Manage the company’s fleet.
- Manage and be responsible for the company’s business insurance needs and the health, welfare, and benefits plans for the company’s employees.
- Set up the infrastructure for new geographies, including the recruitment and on-boarding of additional personnel, as necessary.
- Identify and pursue new business lines and/or other new revenue generating opportunities (e.g., light commercial mitigation/restoration).
- Oversee implementation of risk management strategies and initiatives in concert with the private equity’s Portfolio Support Team, including cash control policies, updated employee handbooks, and implement policies to create safe work environments for the company’s employees and independent contractors.
- Strategic leadership and direct accountability for and management of the company’s accounting and IT functions.
- Manage budget process and provide recurring updates and reports to the board, including P/L forecasts and variance analyses.
- Develop and monitor KPIs for all business lines.
- Proven experience as a CEO, preferably for a fast-paced, private equity-backed business with a leveraged balance sheet.
- A history of successfully building effective cultures and growing similarly sized businesses.
- A background in residential service industries with a strong understanding of field services.
- The ability to strategize and solve problems without the benefit of having access to 100% of the information.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills with an ability to effectively present to board members, customers, vendors, and future investors/buyers in a variety of professional and social settings.
- An analytical mind that is comfortable with numbers and strategy.
- Knowledge and comfort with M&A negotiation and post-closing integration.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, equity, and competitive benefits package.