Privately held and headquartered in the southeast, the company is one of the fastest growing and largest quick service restaurant (QSR) and fast casual restaurant groups in the country. With a strong focus on developing a world-class multi-branded quick service and fast casual restaurant franchising business, the company owns and operates over 200 quick service restaurants across 15 states.
The company is owned and operated by investors who believe in a people-first culture that drives an unparalleled spirit of customer service for guests in their restaurants. Deeply rooted in a set of core values, their vision is to live their core values and build a team of highly effective team members and leaders unequivocally determined to be the most respected and well-run private organization in the quick service and fast casual restaurant segments.
The Chief Administrative Officer will report to the Chief Executive Officer and manage the finance, accounting, information technology, facilities, real estate, construction, and risk management functions.
The Chief Administrative Officer serves as the financial and administrative leader across the organization and works closely with the executive team and the CEO to achieve business outcomes. The individual is expected to lead these efforts with an energetic, data-driven, and organized approach to business improvement across the organization.
Specific duties include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Provide strategic and operational leadership to the organization’s finance and accounting function, including preparation of monthly financial reports and other financial statements and analysis as well as managing the organization’s AP/AR process and being the primary point of contact for third party annual financial audits.
- Effectively lead real estate and facilities management across the enterprise.
- Working alongside Human Resources to develop a comprehensive internal and external risk management program that proactively identifies and assesses risk and develops programs to minimize the organization’s risk exposure.
- Lead the organization’s information technology function including the selection and implementation of cost-effective, comprehensive systems, system operations and service, and information security necessary to meet current and future business needs and requirements.
- Lead with a “hands-on” approach with mindfulness to G&A spend, rather than simply delegating to another team member.
- Assess and develop systems, standards, and policies across all relevant functions to comply with stakeholder needs and company objectives.
- Partner with the board, senior management, and all areas of the company to drive the growth and financial outcomes of the company.
- Serve as a primary point of contact and commercial representative of the organization to external stakeholders, vendors, other franchisees, and franchisor partners.
- Facilitate financial planning, budgets, and forecasting process with the executive team and company operations; provide appropriate analysis on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure the accounting team provides for effective cash management and forecasting for internal uses as well as forecasts for lenders and other banking partners.
- Communicate regularly and transparently with the executive management team, utilizing thoroughly researched and well thought out strategies and plans for execution.
- Constantly stays abreast of a broad industry perspective and current and long-term trends/dynamics.
- Do all of this with a primary focus on cash flow generation and profitability (including both revenue growth and cost management), which are core to successful management of private capital-backed businesses.
- Demonstrated experience leading transformational finance and accounting organizations in a fast-growing environment.
- Experience building finance and accounting organizations including but not limited to software selection, implementation, and period close processes.
- Prior experience leading IT, facilities, and risk functions preferred.
- Prior experience of direct oversight over a business or business unit.
- Ability to translate financial data into actionable policies, procedures, and operationally informative financial analysis.
- Exceptional decision maker with an engaging and entrepreneurial leadership style.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Integrity and ethics above reproach; respect for confidentiality.
- Technologically sound; hands-on experience with financial/accounting systems and with leveraging technology to improve business outcomes.
- Self-motivated with sense of ownership; strong desire to achieve financial results with a tireless work ethic.
- Experience working for a private cash flow focused organization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment that encompasses many retail locations across a broad geographic footprint.
- Ability to effectively serve as a “face of the organization” to external audiences.
- Process and detail-oriented; excellent organizational skills.
- Experience working at growth equity, private equity, or other private capital supported organization with responsibility to a financially sophisticated board of directors preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field required; MBA or MAC preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.