A multisite specialty healthcare practice that has grown rapidly and is now the largest provider of its services in Northern California with approximately 30 locations operating under various brands. Operating in a highly fragmented industry, the company is well positioned to further expand in California and adjacent markets through a robust pipeline of acquisition targets. The company is partnering with a highly reputable North American private equity firm to accelerate its growth.
The Chief Financial Officer reports directly to the Founder and CEO and oversees a small team today that will grow as the company continues to grow.
As a key business partner to the CEO, the CFO serves as a member of the senior leadership team and is responsible for all financial, accounting, and analytical support across the organization.
Specific duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Define and gain approval, alongside the senior leadership team, for the company’s annual business plan, operating budget, and capital budget as a function of the strategic plan and current priorities, and measure and manage ongoing performance against those budgets for the company.
- Identify and lead the execution of value-creating operational improvements.
- Oversee all aspects of internal and external financial reporting including financial reports to fellow executives, the Board, Audit Committee, lenders, and investors for the company including the company’s first annual audit, which will require a cash-to-accrual accounting change.
- Work closely with the senior leadership team to help manage the company’s practices and maximize performance thereof using analytical tools.
- Oversee the company’s annual budgeting process and forecasting; develop financial models and analyze trends to prepare forecasts, budgets, and management reports.
- Develop, refine, and report key performance indicators for the business; measure, report, and investigate the company’s performance against plan and monitors profitability, cash flow, and financial stability.
- Oversee the identification and monitoring of financial and operational risks and controls, and the development of strategies to address those risks.
- Oversee the treasury function and development of strategies for managing interest rate hedging, capital budgeting, and debt financing (in partnership with the PE firm).
- Oversee the tax compliance and planning, in conjunction with external advisors, in a manner that minimizes any tax liabilities; ensure the timely and accurate preparation and filing of all tax returns for the company.
- Serve as the final reviewer for supplier, customer, and operational contract agreements and may support negotiations and interface with legal counsel and other team members as required.
- Work closely with the senior leadership team, the PE firm, and the Board on add-on acquisitions and other strategic initiatives, eventually including sale of the company, including overseeing financial due diligence and financing as well as post-close adjustments, integration, and value creation plans.
- Work closely with the senior leadership team to advise and make presentations to the Board of Directors and the PE firm; ensure the Audit Committee of the Board has the information and analysis it needs to meet its fiduciary responsibilities.
- Develop, mentor, and hire, as needed, for the finance team to build the succession pipeline and strengthen and improve the capacity of the finance function.
- Oversee a thoughtful integration of business processes and systems.
- Instill a culture of accountability for results throughout the organization.
- Upgrade systems and processes, improve financial planning and analysis, and supports the company’s continued growth.
- Lead the expansion of the company’s revenue cycle management function.
- Oversee the compliance with various regulatory regimes impacting the business.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in various financial roles and at least three years in a position equivalent to a CFO managing a financial function and team at an organization with revenue in excess of $50 million in the multisite services sector, preferably multisite healthcare services.
- Solid knowledge of GAAP, financial accounting, and internal controls.
- Energetic, “hands-on,” and operationally oriented manager who leads by example and is a team player; brings a foundation in accounting with a strong core in operational finance and an inquisitive and value-added approach rather than just a financial “score keeper.”
- An empowering, collaborative manager with a demonstrated ability to recruit, develop, inspire, and lead a team in the achievement of objectives and goals.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a style that promotes collaboration, discussion, and innovation.
- Possesses an ongoing “continuous improvement” approach with a proven track record in process/system improvement.
- Ability to work effectively with a “small company” mindset and infrastructure to effect culture change.
- Outstanding communications skills; energetic; proactive.
- Undergraduate degree; MBA and/or an accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA, or CPA) is a plus.
A competitive compensation package will be offered consistent with the successful candidate’s capabilities including an attractive base salary and annual performance bonus and participation in the company’s equity incentive plan, including the opportunity to invest in the company as well as receive stock options.