The Center for Energy Workforce Development (CEWD), based in Washington, DC, is a unique collaboration of energy companies, their national trade associations, contractors, and organized labor partners who come together to ensure a high quality and diverse energy workforce for our future. The energy companies include investor-owned, municipals, and cooperatively-owned entities. CEWD is organized as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a governing Board of Directors.
The mission of CEWD is to build the alliances, processes, and tools to develop tomorrow’s energy workforce. Traditionally, CEWD’s work has fallen into four strategic pillars: Career Awareness, Workforce Planning, Education, and Member Support. The Executive Director, along with the CEWD staff, develops recommended tactics and deliverables within these four categories annually.
For more information please visit https://cewd.org.
This position reports to the Board and leads a team of two full-time professionals and a group of remote consultants.
The Executive Director leads all facets of the organization to further the mission of ensuring a high quality and diverse energy workforce for the future.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Capture the priorities of a diverse membership and tailor CEWD’s resources (toolkits, webinars, forums, surveys) to those priorities while incorporating workforce development best practices.
- Collaborate with a broad array of partners to ensure that industry priorities are incorporated into CEWD’s work in a manner that maximizes synergies with other stakeholder organizations.
- Identify industry programs and CEWD projects that amplify the industry ‘story’ with industry executives and other stakeholders.
- Ensure that CEWD products and communications support key industry public policy objectives.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and identify and track trends related to workforce development and the energy industry.
- Embody a strong strategic skill set to ensure a sustainable business model that creates, delivers, and captures value for all stakeholders.
- Understand how to deliver the resources important to the users of CEWD work products and convey the strategic value of this industry-wide effort to its executives and other stakeholders.
- Engage appropriate spokespeople to highlight key industry and CEWD accomplishments and facilitate collaborative small and large convenings with other executives.
- Experience leading or working with a membership-driven organization.
- Passion for workforce development, either in energy or another transferrable industry with a comparable workforce.
- Ability to bring together diverse stakeholders and leverage the resources of those organizations including trade associations.
- Change agent; experience transforming or growing programs.
- Outstanding communicator, both verbal and written.
- Zealous ambassador able to increase engagement of current members and recruit new or returning members.
- Highly consultative and collaborative style.
- Strategic; forward thinking approach.
- Strong financial acumen; ability to be analytical and financially focused on resources of the organization including in-kind contributions.
- Staff management experience.
- College degree required.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.