Provider of services to foodservice distributors.
This position will report directly to the Vice President of Business Development.
The Business Unit Director will be expected to develop business plans and program strategies for E BRANDS and manufacturer brands that deliver the right product, with the right quality, at the right price. Specifically, the Director will develop and lead member relationships, identify business opportunities, and negotiate programs utilizing extensive knowledge of current market conditions and future trends, and search for and develop new suppliers, items, and category opportunities to drive growth and profitability.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Lead, coach, and develop a team to deliver value-added business solutions.
- Negotiate and lead RFPs and other business development programs to improve cost of goods while maintaining quality standards; deliver RFP timeline expectations.
- Develop key supplier and member relationships to provide product knowledge, expertise, and recommendations to members for their areas of responsibility.
- Manage the execution of strategic initiatives according to action plans; delegate responsibilities to team members as appropriate; collaborate with internal and external stakeholders leading change management related to initiatives; prepare status reports for leadership team meetings.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of category and industry trends.
- Optimize sales strategies with suppliers for execution of RFPs, monitor success, and take appropriate corrective action.
- Budget and deliver financial objectives in a sustainable manner for their area of business, including but not limited to service fees, marketing program fees, and net cost of goods improvement.
- Plan logistics strategies to leverage all available networks.
- At least seven years of food or appropriate business-related experience; minimum of three years non-foods experience required; beverage experience ideal, not required.
- Leadership and expertise in building comprehensive business plans/RFPs for products, categories, and/or services.
- Analytical proficiency and strong negotiator.
- Well-organized with the ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills including strong presentation skills.
- Some travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.