Based in the Southeast, a leading, innovative healthcare system that provides superior customer care and service across a network of more than 900 care locations. Its diverse network includes academic medical centers, hospitals, freestanding emergency departments, physician practices, surgical and rehabilitation centers, home health agencies, nursing homes, and behavioral health centers, as well as hospice and palliative care services. The organization employs more than 60,000 full and part time workers and has close to 12 million patient interactions annually.
Reporting to the Vice President, Strategy, the Assistant Vice President – Global Healthcare Services will lead Director of Operations, a program manager, responsible for unique business lines, and team of both clinical and non-clinical patient coordinators, and work collaboratively and effectively with the program Medical Director.
The Assistant Vice President – Global Healthcare Services will provide leadership for domestic and international medical travel programs for the system. The position is responsible for all aspects of the program including planning, business development, coordinating, evaluating, and directing the functions of the department.
Specific duties include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Assesses program needs, develops short and long-term goals, and prioritizes actions to achieve goals; benchmarks “best in class” programs to identify improvements in operational excellence.
- Manages operations to align System strategic priorities and expectations.
- Optimizes and ensures tools and resources are available to support service demands to support a seamless and optimal patient experience; develops and maintains “standard operating procedures”.
- Identifies services requiring outside support; manages contract relationships with vendors.
- Manages all financial operations including development of annual operating budgets and forecasting.
- Works cooperatively to meet regulatory, corporate compliance, and other government standards as required; ensures teammates are also in compliance.
- Ensures training and education programs meet requirements for effective operation as measured by full compliance with and passing of all audits.
- Effectively manages and cultivates internal and external relationships; works with international embassies and agencies to develop business relations, monitors client relationships, and ensures a high level of service excellence.
- Monitors and effectively communicates industry trends and opportunities; anticipates potential trends as well as potential threats or opportunities.
- Collaborates with Corporate Communications, Marketing and Outreach team to develop marketing campaigns with measurable results.
- Experience leading or playing a key role within a world class global healthcare services program.
- Balance of strategic and operational acumen and experience.
- Strong management skills and experience directing high level clinical, financial, and regulatory managers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; team player who can work effectively with employees at all levels in the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in business or healthcare related discipline strongly preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, which includes a competitive base salary, benefits, and relocation assistance.